It’s that time of year again: Single Awareness Day! ….er I mean, Valentine’s Day!
There is always SO much stress put on to Vday. I mean, you should love your significant other just as much every other day, but this day is the day to get them gifts to show your love and appreciation for them. And above all, it’s just tradition and a holiday, so we might as well partake and enjoy it! As I did last year, I’ll share some helpful tips on how to score this Vday:
WHAT TO BUY YOUR GIRL //
First things first —
• If your girl says she doesn’t like flowers… she’s lying. EVERY girl will appreciate getting flowers. Especially if you send them to her workplace so show off in front of her coworkers. Bonus points! Find a cheap place that delivers flowers, get a dozen red roses and boom. Done.
• OR, get her a plant that will last. Like a succulent or a cactus.
• Now, if she tells you that she’d RATHER have chocolate than flowers? Then she’s telling the truth. If you showed up at my door with an Edible Arrangment or any kind of chocolate covered fruit, I would be ecstatic. (If you’re on a budget, buy strawberries and chocolate fruit dip at Kroger and make them together!)
• Next, stop playing modest and go get some lingerie. Victoria Secret will never fail you. If you pick out something that YOU like, she will be more willing to wear it for your enjoyment. If you totally can’t wrap your head around doing it, buy her a $50-$100 gift card and you all can go together to pick something out. (budget: go to yandy.com to pick out something on the cheap)
• Search for events happening on Vday. Concerts, comedy shows, Theater performances, arts & crafts, dancing, etc… You’ll seem creative and adventurous.
• Speaking of adventurous, BOOK A TRIP TOGETHER! That is one heck of a gift. Book a short cruise, they’re really not that expensive. Take a trip somewhere close by-ish at a cabin or beach, whichever is closer to you. Rent a local Airbnb or fancy hotel room for the night.
• Get her a subscription – for example:
Her fav magazine
Birchbox (rando products and things)
Bootay Bag (monthly undies / Instagram: bootaybag_)
Not necessarily a subscription, but a massage or facial package
WHAT TO BUY YOUR GUY //
• Some of the above can be for both.
• Get him tickets to his fav sports team
• Buy him his favorite candy but don’t you dare get him a teddy bear to go with it….
• A massage or couple’s massage
• a nice watch, suit, tie, jacket or shoes he’s been wanting
• lottery tickets
• book a trip for Him!
• surprise him with YOUR choice of lingerie. He’s going to love it no matter what.
• Get him his fav alcohol and mixer, decorate it if you wish. (Pinterest has some good ideas)
• Get him a box of chocolates, eat the chocolates, then fill the box with mini alcohol bottles
• Get him a virtual reality set
• A beer cap collector shadow box
• Vday boxers from Target of American Eagle
• take him to a brewery and let him take samples or do a tour
WHAT ARE YOU GOING TO WEAR? //
Other than your birthday suit… Here’s some places to shop:
• Forever 21
• Blush Boutique
• Ross! (super cheap but great dress selection)
• super cheap and quick? Amazon Prime.
MAKEUP LOOKS //
• Follow @bybrookelle on Instagram and check out her makeup looks. She is Amazeballs.
• Try a sultry dark lip this vday, and go softer on the eyes with some false lashes to play them up. It makes you look mysterious and seductive.
• You can stick with a classic red lip, just make sure it’s more of a crimson or wine red rather than fire engine red
NO VALENTINE THIS YEAR? //
• treat yo’ self
• buy bubble bath soaps or bath bombs
• get your fav wine or drink
• buy your own damn chocolates or ice cream
• make your dog/cat your valentine
• go to Target and buy little knick knacks from the dollar isle
• redecorate. that always makes me happy
• cook yourself a great meal or order takeout
• binge watch netflix
• spend time with another single friend of yours
• DONT go on a Tinder date
• delete your Tinder anyway
Regardless, it’s just a Tuesday. Make it fun or just chill out! My dog and I are gonna eat Chinese takeout and binge watch netflix and we’re going to love every minute of it. Happy Vday!