This weekend in Tennessee was a snowy one, that’s for sure. Being a Nashville native, I don’t remember having this much snow since I was really young. Unfortunately, my salon had to close for two days…Fortunately, I had a long weekend off, filled with snowmen, hot chocolate, wine, fourwheeler rides, cozy blankets, Netflix movies and time spent with family and friends. I couldn’t have asked for a better weekend.
How do you like to spend your time off? I must say, I love getting a little down time here and there to sulk on my couch, but after a while, I start to get an itch to do something. I enjoy making my free time productive. These are some things I like to do or some inspirational things I might try in the future…
- Truly relax. Take a bubble bath! Light some candles, turn on some low music, and wash out all of your troubles and worries in life. (ps. don’t fall asleep with the candles on…)
- Read a book, magazine or work on making some to-do lists and goal lists. I’ve recently come across an awesome journal called The 52 Lists Project, that helps your self-development, spark your creativity and plan for future goals and adventures. Also, starting a gratitude journal definitely makes your days more positive and enjoyable. Jot down something that you’re thankful for or that inspired you that day, and watch just how much it makes a difference!
- Go shopping! Refresh your wardrobe. You change, and so does your style. I would recommend starting your bathing suit shopping now before they get in season and more expensive.
- Or just clean out your closet… I don’t know about you, but I have way too much crap and I can’t wait until Spring cleaning because it needs to go. No better way to take a weight off your shoulders than taking a trip to the good ‘ole Goodwill.
- Spend some time with friends or family. I love my independence and time to myself, but nothing makes me happier than spending quality time with people that I love and care about.
- Explore! Go on an adventure. If the weather is nice in your area, go for a stroll at the park or a hike somewhere beautiful.
- Pick out some Pinterest recipes and get to cookin’. I can’t really cook to save my life, but I’m getting better at it…sort of.
- If it’s just been one of those weeks and you’ve finally got some time away from craziness, ignore all of these and just veg out on your couch with your fav Netflix shows…no shame.
Hopefully one of these ideas will spark your interest and fulfill your boredom whenever it may come. I’m going to go do a few of these things now… Have a wonderful week!
xx || ps